Sunday, September 20, 2009

Goat-ee maddnes

What is this nomad patch of hair? Really, like I can understand the mustache, it has some historical relevence, tonnes of people have them, but a goatee, what is up with this thing? Its a hybrid of a mustache and a beard really, its in no man's land. I think if you can't commit to a beard, which is the most popular facial hair right now, you shouldn't have anything on your face. The thing is, is that, people are actually taking the time to trim, and groom them, to look like that. Its modeling what Goats have I assume? Why else would they call them that? and why would you want to be associated with a barn yard animal? I don't think I've ever met someone with a goatee that made me think that it looked good enough to compliment on. I think I make a point to compliment beards though, because I can't grow a decent one. Although, I would rather grow a bad beard, than have a really "nice" goatee. I can kind of see why bald guys have goatees. If a bald guy had a beard, what is it really connecting to? The goatee is self contained on its own place on the face. The beard is really kind of relying on the top of the head having hair. If a bald guy had a beard, it would be like the reverse of a guy with hair having a clean shaven face. Are you seeing what I'm saying here? However, the clean shaven look is more acceptable in modern society than the upside down face of a bald-bearded man.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry Merrill. The beard will come. But if you ever lose your mind and grow a goatee I may have to kill you.
    Yes, beards are pretty awesome. I'm not even sure what I look like without one. And I don't want to know.
    And good call on the whole upside down face thing. That creeps the hell out of me.

    ReplyDelete